If you have an underused pool table in your home, consider donating it to a local youth organization. This 8′ ABC found a new home at the YMCA after school club in Mission Viejo, California. We were able to move this ten your old pool table from a nearby home and reassemble using the existing standard blue cloth. After finishing homework, students will now be able to enjoy learning the game and having fun with their friends.
Donating your pool table is a great way to give back to the community and can likely be a deduction on your taxes. If you are interested in giving your pool table away, please remember to ask the following:
- Does the organization have ample space for the pool table size you are giving? 8′ pool tables need 13’3″ x 16’10” of clear space to play with a standard length cue stick.
- Speaking of size, do you have exact dimensions of your billiard table? Measuring the playing field is best and will allow you to get an accurate quote for moving.
- Who will be paying for the move? A pool table cannot be picked up in one big piece and hauled away. Proper moving techniques by professional pool table movers with insurance needs to be budgeted for. Most organizations need help with these costs.
- Is your table in good working condition? Just because your pool table looks great on the outside, doesn’t necessarily mean it is ready for heavy use. What is the condition of the felt? If the table hasn’t been used in many years, it may need new cushion rubber for balls to bounce properly. Leather pockets age and dry out. After many years of non-use, pocketing balls may cause weak straps to break. These costs can add up quickly.
- Are you really sure you want to get rid of your pool table? Remember, a pool table can be safely dismantled and stored indefinitely until you are ready to use it again.
We love seeing the joy on the faces of clubs benefiting from donation. Check around to see which groups in your neighborhood would like the opportunity to accept a gently used pool table.